[SOLVED] i changed thermal paste and now thermal throttles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark9442606

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
i went from the paste that came with my water cooler to mx4 and now it thermal throttles on stock settings. which before i had 5.1 on all cores and it got mid 90s max before. but whats weird is that it scores reallllly high on both cenibenchs i scored 5100 on r20 and almost 2200 on r15. also i used the spreader that came with it and it was a litle bit bumpy but almost no extras.

Solution
i went from the paste that came with my water cooler to mx4 and now it thermal throttles on stock settings. which before i had 5.1 on all cores and it got mid 90s max before. but whats weird is that it scores reallllly high on both cenibenchs i scored 5100 on r20 and almost 2200 on r15. also i used the spreader that came with it and it was a litle bit bumpy but almost no extras.

If the cpu is throttling then either the cooler isn't mounted correctly or the thermal paste isn't applied correctly. You should have a very thin layer of paste over the entire core heat spreader...no peas or X which can leave gaps.

If the cpu is throttling then either the cooler isn't mounted correctly or the thermal paste isn't applied correctly. You should have a very thin layer of paste over the entire core heat spreader...no peas or X which can leave gaps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.