Question I disallowed stopping/pausing a windows service, and now I can't allow it again

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
Normally, you can pause or stop a windows service at the list of services.

There was a windows service that I wanted to disallow stopping/pausing. So by using ProcessHacker tool, I disallowed it.

I did so by going to "Services" tab of ProcessHacker, go to "Properties" of the windows service, choose "Administrators" and uncheck "Stop" and "Pause"
Screenshot-2024-08-04-123545.png

But now I want to uninstall, edit something, and install again. But that is failing! Perhaps because I disallowed stopping/pausing before?

Since I believed it's because I disallowed stopping/pausing, I decided to try allowing stopping/pausing again, and stop it, and uninstall it, edit the program, and install it again.

But then now when I go to ProcessHacker and try to allow stopping/pausing again, it says it can't do that.
Screenshot-2024-08-04-122949.png

How can I solve this problem?

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
You've managed to completely neuter Windows. The only thing you can do now is a full wipe and reinstall. And, in the future keep your hands off things you don't fully understand.

It's actually not very important to edit this windows service. So if I can't solve this problem, so be it. But you seem to suggest that I have caused some serious problem to my PC by using ProcessHacker? Is that what you imply?