[SOLVED] I don't know what to say about this motherboard...

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Hey VSauce! Michael here!
So I want to build a G4560 pc, with an Rx 470, 8 GB of ram, etc. That isn't important that much because I want to hear your opinions on Asus Prime B250M-A motherboard.
Should I use it for this PC? Especially for gaming?
I am not planning on overclocking this pc, maybe the gpu a little bit, maybe.

Solution
The motherboard is fine but you may be able to find a G5400 for cheap (sub $50) in local markets and this would allow a much better upgrade path over that G4560 as you'd be able to use 8th/9th gen CPU's unlike that B250 which is 6/7th gen.

Personally though if it needs to be budget I'd snag a AMD 200GE and pair it with a Gigabyte or MSI motherboard that allows overclocking. Once overclocked to 4ghz it easily keeps up with the G5400 and would allow you to upgrade to the 3rd Gen Ryzen which has a 3300 (6C/12T) for $100.

WildCard999

Titan
The motherboard is fine but you may be able to find a G5400 for cheap (sub $50) in local markets and this would allow a much better upgrade path over that G4560 as you'd be able to use 8th/9th gen CPU's unlike that B250 which is 6/7th gen.

Personally though if it needs to be budget I'd snag a AMD 200GE and pair it with a Gigabyte or MSI motherboard that allows overclocking. Once overclocked to 4ghz it easily keeps up with the G5400 and would allow you to upgrade to the 3rd Gen Ryzen which has a 3300 (6C/12T) for $100.

Reactions: JQB45
Solution

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019

How does a 200GE, Gigabyte B450M DS3H, 8gb dual channel 2666 MHz ram pc sounds like?
And it's just 25$ more expensive.

Now I really wanna go with pc, because it has upgrade possibility, in the future, as you said. I really can't go with intel's coffee lake cpu's, because it's just more expensive, and the G5400 isn't even available on my favorite and actually the best shop/online shop in my country, where you can buy PC parts or other tech things. Maybe is available on other shops, but is so overpriced, that I could get double the performance for that money, like a Ryzen 3 1200. Anyway, I've also seen some benchmarks with this CPU, the 200GE and an Rx 470 (Gtx 1050Ti respectively, which is a little worse than a 470, but around the same performance), and it performs quite well, even if the Intel variant, the G4560, is slightly faster. Maybe a 10 to 20 fps difference, but in half a year, I would upgrade to a Ryzen 5 1600x, or maybe a 3rd gen Ryzen 3, as you said. Thanks for answering!

WildCard999

Titan
You'll want faster memory for Ryzen, the difference between 2666 & 3200 could be as high as 10 FPS and using a 200GE, even temporary you'll want the most performance you can squeeze from the system. As for the 1050 ti you'd be better off with the RX 570 as it is a bit better and can usually be found for cheaper. Also once Ryzen 3rd gen comes out and if the performance is worth it then many of us will be selling our used first/second gen CPUs for cheap to do the upgrade. I know my 2600 is going to a friend for $60 as I need to get him away from his X4 965 lol.

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
You'll want faster memory for Ryzen, the difference between 2666 & 3200 could be as high as 10 FPS and using a 200GE, even temporary you'll want the most performance you can squeeze from the system. As for the 1050 ti you'd be better off with the RX 570 as it is a bit better and can usually be found for cheaper. Also once Ryzen 3rd gen comes out and if the performance is worth it then many of us will be selling our used first/second gen CPUs for cheap to do the upgrade. I know my 2600 is going to a friend for $60 as I need to get him away from his X4 965 lol.

Nah man, in my country prices for memory are sky-high and I want to stay under a budget, you know?
Oh, about the GPU, I want to buy an Rx 470, which in my country is a lot cheaper than a 1050 TI.
Yeah, maybe I will sell that 200GE, but I was thinking.....what if I wait until summer and buy a Ryzen 3 2200G, or something like that instead? Surely will be a price drop with first and second gen Ryzens. What do you think?

WildCard999

Titan
Nah man, in my country prices for memory are sky-high and I want to stay under a budget, you know?
Oh, about the GPU, I want to buy an Rx 470, which in my country is a lot cheaper than a 1050 TI.
Yeah, maybe I will sell that 200GE, but I was thinking.....what if I wait until summer and buy a Ryzen 3 2200G, or something like that instead? Surely will be a price drop with first and second gen Ryzens. What do you think?
Once 3rd gen comes out I'm sure you'll see first/second gen used CPU's for a good price although if possible I'd try to avoid the 1200/2200G quad cores if possible as games nowadays are taking advantage of the extra cores/threads were seeing on CPU's such as the 1600/2600.