Question I don't see the full screen MSI logo anymore

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
I have the setting switched on in BIOS to show the MSI splash screen during boot (it's a way to reach BIOS if I need to otherwise I have to use go to BIOS or hold my power button when turning on). I used to see this whenever I rebooted or booted. The setting is still on (I got to the BIOS through Fast Boot's Go2BIOS to check) and it will show if I reboot from the BIOS. From what I can see from the codes on the motherboard when booting it's already done POSTing (it' already showing A2 which is the last code before it hands over to the splash screen and then the windows logo)by the time it sends any image to the GPU. The only thing that's changed is I reseated my GPU making sure it was fully in and had a small clean in the case and it seems to be booting really fast (which is good), unless that's just placebo effect talking. But yeah, I don't see the splash screen anymore. Why might that be?

It's the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 btw

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Perhaps reverting to your BIOS default settings will fix it? If you try that, make sure you write down what you will want to update later, such as overclocking settings, manual fan speeds, boot orders, etc.