[SOLVED] I forgot to use mobo standoffs but PC running fine

Jul 9, 2020
Hello, I moved my pc components to my new case and just found out after almost two months that I forgot to use the mobo standoffs.

I've read multiple cases and seems like some fried their mobo but mine seemed to run completely fine for months already. Should i put the standoffs asap or i would be fine without it?

Btw my mobo def fits well on my IO shield.

Case is Deepcool Mattrexx 55 Mesh.

Solution
Deepcool Mattrexx 55 comes with pre-fitted standoffs for microATX boards, but for ATX boards you have to add a few more (supplied loose with case).

So if your motherboard is microATX, you got lucky.
Hello, I moved my pc components to my new case and just found out after almost two months that I forgot to use the mobo standoffs.

I've read multiple cases and seems like some fried their mobo but mine seemed to run completely fine for months already. Should i put the standoffs asap or i would be fine without it?

If the case doesn't have built in stand offs shaped or stamped into the motherboard back plate, then you should install the stand offs to prevent the motherboard from warping over time and eventually failing.

Reactions: kbdiamondes
Jul 9, 2020
If the case doesn't have built in stand offs shaped or stamped into the motherboard back plate, then you should install the stand offs to prevent the motherboard from warping over time and eventually failing.

Oh thank you. Really never took care about the standoffs not until now. Still a beginner somehow lmao.

Somehow strange I remember myself mounting the mobo again and aligning the holes to screw, I think my case got those prebuilt stand offs. Not sure tho, I might check once im no longer doing any work

It will probably run fine right up until something shorts to ground. Even then maybe just a random restart...or maybe something fries.

I'd take first opportunity to shut down, disassemble and reassemble with all standoffs installed.