I format my disk and repartition it, can i get my data ?

aa_abdullatif

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
i format my disk and repartition it and i installed win7 on it, can i get my data back ?

plz help me somebody do that without askin me .... and I need my stuff badly !

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

They reinstalled Windows after reformatting. That I think puts paid to retrieving the old data.

Second link website claims they can retrieve data even after writing over it. That's why I put it up there.

aa_abdullatif

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

can I do that many times on my HHD ? or only once ?!!

you need to avoid writing data on the HDD until you have recovered as much of the old data as possible. ANY writing on the disk will increase your chance of corrupting the old data. Some programs claim they can recover over-written data, but even so, don't push your luck.

aa_abdullatif

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Noo, I mean recover it on another HDD ! .... ?

You can recover the data on any type of media you like, be it HDD, a CD, DVD or flash drive. That is according to the total amount of data that needs to be recovered. There is no limit for that. After that, you can make unlimited number of copies to your liking.
I am not sure I understand what are you really trying to ask here, since the media that you recover the data onto is not corrupted.

aa_abdullatif

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

it's ok i got it .... thanx, I appreciate it :)

aa_abdullatif

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

sorry if I bugging u !

when I made the recover it rename all files as restored001, restored002 ,, etc .... !

CAN I recover them in oregenal naming ?!

no, because attributes of these files have been changed. you need to rename them one by one. Sorry.
At least they're there, and not lost forever.