Question I fried the PSU/MOBO ?

Sep 5, 2024
Few hours ago I was trying to make my ARGB fans lights to work, so I unplugged everything and connected some cables in the place I believe it was not the correct one, after setting up the PC on my desktop and pressing the power button, the computer goes on for a second and quickly turns off, I saw some lights but maybe it was a spark near the coolers. I unplugged those cables and tried again without those connected and now the entire system doesnt turn on, have I fried my motherboard just because I connected the fans to the wrong place? if not, what other ideas do you guys have in mind.

you will need to provide much more details:

make & model of ALL components
make = manufacturer
model = specific model nomenclature of component

what specific cables were connected to which specific motherboard headers.
if you don't know specifics, you'll need to view the motherboard layout in the product manual and provide them.

take the motherboard out of any case it may be installed in and "breadboard" it on a flat non-conductive surface(motherboard box, etc).

Sep 5, 2024
it was an asrock b550 pro se, and I was trying to connec the 4 and 3 fan thingies to the motherboard, I just connected them to a random place that I saw on the motherboard and well, it didnt work, Ill provide pictures later.

Need images of and around headers you plugged those fan connectors to. Those "4 and 3 fan thingies" from left to right are PWM 4pin connector for fan's motor and ARGB connector for fan's lights. Not interchangeable and can't be stuck just any where they fit, or any direction , only in appropriate headers labeled for them, certainly not while PC is running or even under power from PSU.

Sep 5, 2024
Need images of and around headers you plugged those fan connectors to. Those "4 and 3 fan thingies" from left to right are PWM 4pin connector for fan's motor and ARGB connector for fan's lights. Not interchangeable and can't be stuck just any where they fit, or any direction , only in appropriate headers labeled for them, certainly not while PC is running or even under power from PSU.
Here are some side pictures of the place I connected the 4 and 3 pins
Let me know if you need more pictures, some friends suggested trying to jump start the motherboard since maybe I fried the front panel

Here are some side pictures of the place I connected the 4 and 3 pins
Let me know if you need more pictures, some friends suggested trying to jump start the motherboard since maybe I fried the front panel
Left one is proper header for ARGB lights, right one for RGB but you couldn't insert ARGB in it. In the right one it would be mistake to connect PWM 4pin motor connector although it would fit 2 ways in both. None of those are for front panel.

Sep 5, 2024
Left one is proper header for ARGB lights, right one for RGB but you couldn't insert ARGB in it. In the right one it would be mistake to connect PWM 4pin motor connector although it would fit 2 ways. None of those are for front panel.
Sooo did I fry the motherboard or the psu or the front panel or everything?

Sooo did I fry the motherboard or the psu or the front panel or everything?
One of those ports and/or their control chips probably but doubt it would otherwise fry whole MB and even less PSU.
I suggest you disconnect everything pertaining fans except one for for CPU cooler fan connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB. But first download MB manual to see what goes where.

Reactions: grosso1337
Sep 5, 2024
One of those ports and/or their control chips probably but doubt it would otherwise fry whole MB and even less PSU.
I suggest you disconnect everything pertaining fans except one for for CPU cooler fan connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB. But first download MB manual to see what goes where.
Thats why i thought of fried front panel bc if nothing else is fried then why its not really working? you know what i mean?

Sep 5, 2024
It could be slew of other causes,maybe you accidentally dislodged some other connector, possibly for front panel or CPU cooler fan to CPU_FAN header which prevents starting up.
Lets just say everything is plugged correctly and no other issues seems to be around, what would be your thoughts?