Question I gave my friend an old prebuilt and now it does not turn on.

Aug 2, 2023
I gave my friend an old prebuilt with ram and an ssd. He put in some old ram and bought a new ssd. Once he tried to turn it on, the motherboard lights turned on but none of the fans (gpu, cpu, and case) spun. He also had no display. I've had the pc for 2 years without having this problem. Anyone know what to do?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This can be tricky in situations where you help out a friend. It often leads to a situation where you are free tech support and warranty dept.

If you sold it working and now it won't work, the first thing would be to undo what was done and check if it will operate properly. Check all the connectors from the power supply and so forth to make sure nothing accidentally got knocked loose. Beyond that it can become a lot more involved.

Aug 2, 2023
This can be tricky in situations where you help out a friend. It often leads to a situation where you are free tech support and warranty dept.

If you sold it working and now it won't work, the first thing would be to undo what was done and check if it will operate properly. Check all the connectors from the power supply and so forth to make sure nothing accidentally got knocked loose. Beyond that it can become a lot more involved.
Baidically agreed with me

Latest posts