Question I get EXTREMELY low fps on Minecraft with a High end pc

Sep 9, 2019
So I have a high end pc but struggle to get 60 fps under most conditions. I should easily be getting 200+ fps after checking some videos. I have tried to fix this issue for hours in the past 2 months.

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Radeon Rx 580
16 GB ram
64 Bit system

I have...
-Installed 64 bit Java
-Configure radeon settings for minecraft
-Allocated more memory (4gb then 6gb)
-Installed optifine and turn everything on low (tiny render distance barely yields 100 fps
-Set runtime parameters in the java control panel
-Configure Battery usage in windows settings
-Updated both my gpu and cpu driver manually and automatically

Even though I am running on forge these problems still persist without running on forge. I have also tried running the game using badlion client yet it still runs terribly.

Note: I have run Minecraft Bedrock edition and have gotten easily 200+ fps on ultra settings. I also can run Fortnite on ultra with 200+ fps. This is an issue with Minecraft java's software and I'm not sure as to what it is.

Aug 12, 2019
Can I bump this thread by replying? I have an extremely similar situation that's been boggling me, except I'm getting lower FPS on a better system. My computer is equipped with an RTX 2060, a Ryzen 7 3700x, and 16 GB of 3200 MHz RAM. In Minecraft, the FPS will be between 16 and 50 around 95% of the time, and I'm only using a 1080p monitor. I have yet to encounter any other games that experience this severe a problem.