[SOLVED] I get lags, but only in games. I think its because of packet loss. How do I fix it?

Feb 8, 2022
Hello, about half a year ago i started getting lags in video games. My internet speeds and ping are decent. Lags occur only when I'm playing games. When I get a lag, the game stops reacting to my input, and players walk in a place of freeze. I often get notifications in game saying "poor connection" or something like that. I tried changing routers, network adapters and hard resetting my router. I suspect its because of packet loss. How can I fix this?

Solution
The first things you need to test is on a ethernet cable. Wifi can cause all kinds of issues like this but there are many other things on the machine that can also. It is not uncommon for bugged video drivers to do the same thing.

So after you test on ethernet you will now if you need to look at the wifi or something else.
The first things you need to test is on a ethernet cable. Wifi can cause all kinds of issues like this but there are many other things on the machine that can also. It is not uncommon for bugged video drivers to do the same thing.

So after you test on ethernet you will now if you need to look at the wifi or something else.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS