[SOLVED] I get very low framerates in Minecraft Java with my rx580.

Jun 8, 2021
PC Specs-
-Intel Core i7 9700k
-MSI rx580 Armour 8G (Manually OC)
-Samsung 970 Evo 500g nvme ssd
-HP 500g SSD
-Corsair RGB Pro 16g 3200hz memory
-Asus TUF Motherboard (not sure the exact model)
I hear that many other people with the same graphics card get much higher frame rates. I average 30-60 fps and I tried most of the regular suggestions online.

Solution
PC Specs-
-Intel Core i7 9700k
-HP 500g SSD
I hear that many other people with the same graphics card get much higher frame rates. I average 30-60 fps and I tried most of the regular suggestions online.

First remove the Overclock. Especially on memory. IF you go too fast on memory, it will look stable. But correction mechanisms due to memory errors actually make it slower.

Second please get a CPUz and GPUz and show us utilization rates and temps.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU used in the build and it's age? You can use CPU-Z to help identify the model for your Asus motherboard. Can you check and see what BISO version you're on at the time of writing? Version for your OS? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for your GPU, how did you perform the overclock on the unit? Try uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then reboot, then reinstall the latest GPU drivers(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Minecraft threads don't get resolved here often...

Your performance woes are likely whatever Java is doing, or isn't doing. All the usual performance checks/suggestions(temps, drivers, UBM) don't seem to work, or turn up any discrepancies.
Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that.

PC Specs-
-Intel Core i7 9700k
-HP 500g SSD

First remove the Overclock. Especially on memory. IF you go too fast on memory, it will look stable. But correction mechanisms due to memory errors actually make it slower.

Second please get a CPUz and GPUz and show us utilization rates and temps.

Solution
Make and model of the PSU used in the build and it's age? You can use CPU-Z to help identify the model for your Asus motherboard. Can you check and see what BISO version you're on at the time of writing? Version for your OS? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for your GPU, how did you perform the overclock on the unit? Try uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then reboot, then reinstall the latest GPU drivers(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

You know I always see someone ASK for PSU specs and models when a system runs slow. I have yet to see one documented case where this was the actual cause. To the GPU you either have the power, or it shuts down or crashes due to rail droop.

I'm not trying to be arrogant. But if there are cases where a weak PSU caused it to run slower, I'm all ears. I don't mind being educated if it helps me and others in the future.

TRENDING THREADS