[SOLVED] I have a 3 pin connection for my cooling system but my motherboard only has 4 pin connection points? I have a Rog Strix z490-E.

Feb 23, 2021
Connecting issue with my cooling system and my mother board it has a 3 pin connector and I have read on others post that there is a 4 pin connector next to the LED status header that accepts 3 pin connections but there is no such connection listed in any of the manuals. It might mean the one that is next to what is labeled Q LED but I am unsure and this has stumped my first build for hours now. Any help is greatly appreciated

Solution
Connecting issue with my cooling system and my mother board it has a 3 pin connector and I have read on others post that there is a 4 pin connector next to the LED status header that accepts 3 pin connections but there is no such connection listed in any of the manuals. It might mean the one that is next to what is labeled Q LED but I am unsure and this has stumped my first build for hours now. Any help is greatly appreciated
Are you asking about motor connection or for lights ?
For motor you can plug it in 4pin header, just set for Voltage and not PWM adjustment in BIOS.
For motor you can plug it in 4pin header, just set for Voltage and not PWM adjustment in BIOS.

Solution
Feb 23, 2021
I believe so the cord comes directly out of the cooler that has been mounted on the cpu so I don’t think it’s for lights but the manuals aren’t really telling me what each. Cord is for. And thank you for you guidance I appreciate it.