[SOLVED] I have a Corsair 275r, how should I configure fan directions?

Solution
If you use the top fans make them blowing out.

Fan basics their could be a couple exceptions.

Front, bottom, side blowing in, rear, top blowing out.
If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Case air flow is no joke, with more fans you just gonna increase the noise. Stick with the basics one fan front (intake), one fan back (air out).
If you plan on using multiple fans, you have to have time to test couple or dozen fan configurations and also you have to know and calculate what airflow every fan has (not putting random fans 800rmp, 2000rpm one 12cm one 14, one 8cm). If its not done with effort and properly you just gonna increase the noise out of your system and that's it.
Best thing for cooling, one front fan, one on the back and a really good CPU cooler, perfection!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Case air flow is no joke, with more fans you just gonna increase the noise. Stick with the basics one fan front (intake), one fan back (air out).
If you plan on using multiple fans, you have to have time to test couple or dozen fan configurations and also you have to know and calculate what airflow every fan has (not putting random fans 800rmp, 2000rpm one 12cm one 14, one 8cm). If its not done with effort and properly you just gonna increase the noise out of your system and that's it.
Best thing for cooling, one front fan, one on the back and a really good CPU cooler, perfection!

Not really true their basics to airflow. A single front and rear fan will not keep my hardware cool. It's not rocket science. Simple to look up the fan CFM and keep just a bit of positive pressure that is if you case has filters if it dont it really dont matter. A lot of people use mutable fans for RGB some just rather have more airflow for better cooling.

I have 6 drives in the front of my case restricting some airflow so I also have a 140mm mounted in the bottom.

In my old i5 2500K PC running 3970's in Xfire. I had 2 X 140mm front high air flow 200mm in the side. 120mm back and 4X 120mm in the top on the rad push pull and yes it needed all those for those video cards and highly overclocked CPU.

Last edited: