Question I have a Lian Li 216 case with 3 x Uni Fan SL120 V2 fans and for some reason they're really loud ?

theboss306

Honorable
Feb 20, 2019
Lian Li 216 case with 3 x Uni Fan SL120 V2 fans. Is there anything I can do to make them quieter?

I have tried using the Lian Li's software to make the fans quieter but it doesn't work, have also tried the software from MSI and still didn't work. I have an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus motherboard and I have no idea how to setup their speed to make them quieter. Any help would be highly appreciated!

tried the software from MSI and still didn't work. I have an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus motherboard
which software?

if you are using the actual motherboard control software, what type of fan speed curve have you set?
what is the lowest % of fan RPMs that you have set?

you can also access the BIOS and set the fan's speed curve to max at a certain %.
try lowering the maximum to ~20%.
if the noise is still noticeable, it is from something else.

include your complete system specs.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Smok3y-Bull3t

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2014
I'm also using the same case, and I'm assuming you're using the 216 RGB one that came with the hub? Make sure you didn't miss the 4-pin connector (Should be black, sometimes it gets tucked away with the pre-managed cables and easy to miss) that's part of the hub. Can connect it to a second CPU fan port if you have one, or connect it to a SYS fan header on the motherboard. You can set a profile in BIOS after that, without that 4-pin connected the fans will spin at 100% due to it having nothing telling it what to run at.

Hopefully this will be of some help at least, but it's the first thing that came to mind as that's what happened to me the first time I built in the 216 case.

Reactions: Why_Me

theboss306

Honorable
Feb 20, 2019
I'm not very tech savvy, to answer your inquiries, I've tried both the L-Connect software and the one for my motherboard which is the MSI Center. It seems I can only change the 3 additional fans installed on the case but not the 2 big ones from the front. Is there any way I can do this? The case did not come with the hub and I havent installed a hub on it.

Full specs:
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Mobo: MPG MSI B550 gaming plus
Ram: 4x 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB
Gpu: RTX 2060 from Zotac 6GB dual fan AMP