[SOLVED] I have a major fan problem in my case...

Hi,i have a raidmax neon rgb case which has 3 fans at the front panel.All three of those are intake fans and they are atached on a plastic front panel.My problem is that at the end of a front panel is a acrylic panel which covers the whole front panel,so that means the 3 fans at the front are pointless,because they cant drag heat from the outside.So i thought if i just remove that acrylic panel the problems would dissapear,is that correct?

Here is a link to the case:https://www.eezepc.com/product/raid...tx-mid-tower-computer-case-price-in-pakistan/ and as you can see the acrilic panel at the front is the only thing that bothers me

Solution
Did you receive some sort of User Manual/Guide or other installation related document with the case?

The following link is what I was able to find:

https://www.raidmax.com/include/download.php?dl=MjAxODAwNzAwX158ZmlsZXNhcHBlbmRzXnwwMDAwMDAwMDEz

For front fans, Step 6 removes the front panel and there is no mention regarding reinstalling the cover, which, as you pointed out would make the fans/airflows moot.

Overall, the documentation seems to be lacking and I am wondering about airflows in general - three fans for inflow and only one out....

For the most part, I would think that the fan configuration is dubious.

Remove the acrylic front panel, run the system, and keep a close eye on temperatures.

Ralston18

Titan
Did you receive some sort of User Manual/Guide or other installation related document with the case?

https://www.raidmax.com/include/download.php?dl=MjAxODAwNzAwX158ZmlsZXNhcHBlbmRzXnwwMDAwMDAwMDEz

For front fans, Step 6 removes the front panel and there is no mention regarding reinstalling the cover, which, as you pointed out would make the fans/airflows moot.

Overall, the documentation seems to be lacking and I am wondering about airflows in general - three fans for inflow and only one out....

Remove the acrylic front panel, run the system, and keep a close eye on temperatures.

Solution

Yeah i spent the last 30 minutes dissasembling the fans,and there are 8 screws that need to be unscrewed for the acrilyc panel to be removed and honestly i isnt that ugly.Im planing on running the system with the acrilyc panel,but if the temps are high im just going to remove it by hand since i wont screw it in just in case the temps are high.Thanks for the advice,stay safe.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
Yeah i spent the last 30 minutes dissasembling the fans,and there are 8 screws that need to be unscrewed for the acrilyc panel to be removed and honestly i isnt that ugly.Im planing on running the system with the acrilyc panel,but if the tempa are high im just going to remove it by hand since i wont screw it in just in case the temps are high.Thanks for the advice,sta safe.
removing the front cover can cause a lot of dust build-up can you perhaps relocate the fans

removing the front cover can cause a lot of dust build-up can you perhaps relocate the fans
When i unscrewed them the 1. time i thought about that,but i said:"I will check that tomorrow".I will see that now.Also when u say relocate do you mean move them somewhere inside the case or just rotate them,because from what i saw i can move 2 fans inside the case and mount them on a metal part in my case located at the front.I dont have anywhere else to mount them,because there isnt place for upper exhaust since the "roof" of the case is just a full metal part without any holes and at the back there is room for 80mm fan.I believe the fans at the front are either 120mm or 140mm,but im sure that they arent 80mm.