[SOLVED] i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

Jul 14, 2021
i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

Solution
okay thankyou! if i install a 8gb RAM stick will it be enough?

Nope. Dual channel RAM only works if you have two identical sticks of RAM installed (2 x 8 GB, 2 x 16 GB, etc.). You currently have a 16 GB stick of RAM, so you either need to buy two 8 GB sticks to replace your 16 GB or you need a second 16 GB stick to add to the one that you currently have. Adding a 8 GB stick to your PC which currently has a 16 GB stick will not enable dual channel RAM and you will see no performance improvement.

If you add a second 16 GB stick to the one already in your PC, ensure that it is exactly the same as the one you already have installed. If it's a different brand or a different speed you might run into issues.

alexbirdie

Respectable
i have a rtx 3070 and i5 10600 and im experiencing very much fps drops and low gpu and cpu usage pls can anyone help?

I believe, I will never understand people, who issues questions as the above one without any further informations.

What do they expect ? What should other people, who want to help, do with this zero-information?

Such postings are simply annoying.

Only one ram.

Costs a lot of performance, because dual channel is not used.
Get a second one.

XMP activated in the bios?

Came here to say this. If you wanted 16 GB of RAM, you should have bought 2 x 8 GB sticks. Since you currently have 1 x 16 GB, you would need another identical stick of 16 GB RAM to take advantage of dual channel RAM. Not having dual channel RAM can coat a lot of performance.

Additionally, that PSU of yours isn't nearly powerful enough for an RTX 3070. You should upgrade it to a Corsair RM750x or similar.

okay thankyou! if i install a 8gb RAM stick will it be enough?

Nope. Dual channel RAM only works if you have two identical sticks of RAM installed (2 x 8 GB, 2 x 16 GB, etc.). You currently have a 16 GB stick of RAM, so you either need to buy two 8 GB sticks to replace your 16 GB or you need a second 16 GB stick to add to the one that you currently have. Adding a 8 GB stick to your PC which currently has a 16 GB stick will not enable dual channel RAM and you will see no performance improvement.

If you add a second 16 GB stick to the one already in your PC, ensure that it is exactly the same as the one you already have installed. If it's a different brand or a different speed you might run into issues.

Solution

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
That's because it is a bottle neck, if you are using a high end gpu and a low end cpu then how can you expect good perfomace? You should use a amd ryzen 7 or and intel core i7 minimum.(starting at 10th gen)