I Have a TP-LINK TD-W8901G 54M Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router and I am trying to optimize it for watching movies and gaming. Wh

Psyco Reaper

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I'm trying to optimize my Router for movies and gaming. I can't find anything to help me figure it out. Will you please help me, Thank-you

Solution
Here's your optimization solution: wire everything. Anything you plan on using that has an ethernet port should have a cable going into that router, even if you have to get another switch to make it work. No matter what people say, you will find some way to cause interference or a dead zone, or just get crappy bandwidth over wireless, and depending on your living situation, you may be competing with multiple other wireless networks as well, increasing saturation, not to mention potential interference from microwaves, cordless phones, or other devices operating on the 2.4 or 5 Ghz spectrums. If you have the time and the cabling for it, wiring is always going to be more optimal than wireless.

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Here's your optimization solution: wire everything. Anything you plan on using that has an ethernet port should have a cable going into that router, even if you have to get another switch to make it work. No matter what people say, you will find some way to cause interference or a dead zone, or just get crappy bandwidth over wireless, and depending on your living situation, you may be competing with multiple other wireless networks as well, increasing saturation, not to mention potential interference from microwaves, cordless phones, or other devices operating on the 2.4 or 5 Ghz spectrums. If you have the time and the cabling for it, wiring is always going to be more optimal than wireless.

Solution
You need to be a little more precise about what all you have connected to the router and what do you need to go from where to where on the network through what connecting medium.... like a NAS on the RJ45 Port and a WiFi enabled Tele to play movies from it, or a Streamer connected via the RJ45 port to the router which connects over WiFi to a WiFi enabled NAS or HDD , etc etc....

TRENDING THREADS