Question I have an alien Aurora R6. Has a 200gb SSD a 1 terabyte HDD. It comes configured as raid. I recently had to reinstall Windows.

Oct 13, 2019
I used the USB flash drive with the downloaded Dell restore. During the process when I was asked where I wanted to install Windows I saw all the partitions for all the drives and deleted all of them until they were just two drives showing. Windows installed fine but HDD was no longer listed in the my PC folder. The Intel rapid storage program no longer sees optane memory modules and the games I play have terrible lag. I've updated all the drivers that I can possibly find. I can't figure this one out.

popatim

Titan
Link us a screenshot of your disk management window for us.
Optane require at least 5mb space be unallocated at the end of the drive you want to accelerate.

Since you already have iRST installed, you just need to install the optane software.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29095?v=t

It will ask you which optane and which drive to accelerate.; erasing all data on the optane in the process, and then ask you to restart.

Oct 13, 2019
Link us a screenshot of your disk management window for us.
Optane require at least 5mb space be unallocated at the end of the drive you want to accelerate.

Since you already have iRST installed, you just need to install the optane software.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29095?v=t

It will ask you which optane and which drive to accelerate.; erasing all data on the optane in the process, and then ask you to restart.

I have since changed the bios settings according to the recommendations online. Now, the HDD is seen by the system, but things are not right. Before I do anything else, here is a screenshot of the disk management window. One of the drives you see is a USB stick. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Oct 13, 2019
I have since changed the bios settings according to the recommendations online. Now, the HDD is seen by the system, but things are not right. Before I do anything else, here is a screenshot of the disk management window. One of the drives you see is a USB stick. Thank you for any help you can give me.
I have to find out how to post a screenshot. but the drive in question has no partitions at all. it shows as healthy (primary partition) 929.88GB

popatim

Titan
In Disk management, rt click on it and initialze it, Change the size to leave whatever amount of space at the end of the drive for octane. In their guide they say 5MB but they use a few GB's LOL

Then go ahead with the SetupOptane and accelerate the HDD.