I have an HP laptop that I just bought in September and never had problens till now. It randomly stopped connecting to my wifi

michelleRam203

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I connected the ethernet cord directly to my laptop and it worked but not on the wifi. I need to be able to use the internet without being connected. The whole point of the laptop.

Solution
What kind of wireless card does your laptop have?
I had similar issues with my HP laptop, back when it was new. I have an Intel wireless card on mine and it would continuously disconnect.
After a couple of newer dirivers were released (and installed) did I get a stable connection.
A couple of thing you could try is to check for newer drivers (as pointed out by gokul36) and also check if there is a power saving feature enabled. If so disable that, it may cause the card to sleep if there is no activity.
Also if it does happen to be an Intel card, it wouldnt hurt to check the Intel site for a driver...

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
What kind of wireless card does your laptop have?
I had similar issues with my HP laptop, back when it was new. I have an Intel wireless card on mine and it would continuously disconnect.
After a couple of newer dirivers were released (and installed) did I get a stable connection.
A couple of thing you could try is to check for newer drivers (as pointed out by gokul36) and also check if there is a power saving feature enabled. If so disable that, it may cause the card to sleep if there is no activity.
Also if it does happen to be an Intel card, it wouldnt hurt to check the Intel site for a driver...

Solution