Aug 21, 2020
Hello im having a lot fps drops while im gaming here is my specs:

i5 9600k
1660 super
2x8 gb ram 2666mhz
psu 80+ bronze 650W
asrock z390 phantom gaming 4s
games are installed on hdd 7200 rpm and on a ssd

Maybe the problem is from the monitor ? i have 60hz monitor with 17ms and no freesync or g-sync, that will be the problem ?

i reinstalled windows
reinstalled games
run virus scanner etc etc and nothing worked

Solution
FPS drops shouldn't really be connected to monitor issues, unless you have V-sync turned on in the game and monitor's refresh rate is somehow defective. Try using Task Manager to see if there's any background tasks taking up your CPU or GPU power. Also check your CPU clock speed, you can use MSI Afterburner for this. Don't uninstall Afterburner once you've checked the clock speed, there are a few other things we can use it for in further troubleshooting.
FPS drops shouldn't really be connected to monitor issues, unless you have V-sync turned on in the game and monitor's refresh rate is somehow defective. Try using Task Manager to see if there's any background tasks taking up your CPU or GPU power. Also check your CPU clock speed, you can use MSI Afterburner for this. Don't uninstall Afterburner once you've checked the clock speed, there are a few other things we can use it for in further troubleshooting.

Solution
Aug 21, 2020
What games? What FPS are you getting and what do they drop to?

Some games will stutter at times if installed on a HDD. What’s your cpu usage on all cores and your gpu usage when these drops happen?

What are your cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming?
hello i just fixed my problem , i just limit my fps with RTSS it reallly works i see the frametime and where i see it is more stable i put that amount fps for example on fortnite all on epic with 80 fps stable i dont get fps drops just 1-2 fps drop but thats normal, example from 80 to 79 or 78 so im really happy right now and fixed my problems thanks for the help anyways.

and about temps are very good on spain is summer and i get 60-70 degrees celsius for gpu and for cpu 50-65 while gaming full load