I have made this m-atx build, is it any good??

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hi.
I am looking into buying a very compact gaming computer and also for video editing.
I have already set up a build and was wondering if the build was any good.
And one more thing, which os should i get, windows 8 or windows 7??

Parts list:

Cpu: Intel core I7 4770K

Cpu cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H

RAM: Kingston ddr3 hyperx 1600mhz 16gb(4x4)

Video card: Asus gefroce gtx 780 3gb physx cuda

SSD: Kingston hyperx 3k 240gb

SSD: Kingston hyperx 3k 240gb

Hard drive: Segate barracuda 2tb 7200rpm

Power supply: corsair cs 550m or 650m

Case: Bitfenix prodigy Mini-itx black

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" LED

Operating system: ???

Total price: 3006$ 18 516,96 Norwegian kroner.

Is this setup any good??
Please respond as soon as possible!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Not sure is there fits in mITX bitfenix prodigy. But you can mod case if you need?

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Here's a list of mini-ITX motherboards. Read the specifications and reviews and then select the one that best meets your requirements.

ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT - I'd probably use this one (4 memory slots, eSATA, Intel LAN, etc.), but it's expensive
ASUS Z87I-DELUXE
EVGA Z87 Stinger miniITX
ASRock Z87E-ITX
MSI Z87I GAMING AC
GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI

PSU: I had the CX on my mind, but the CS is 80+ certified and quiet according to http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/CS650M/1.html and it's small enough to fit your mini-ITX case.

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Is it possible that somebody can send me an updatet list including the asus maximus vi impact?
I want to use the mini itx prodigy if that is not a problem.
The reason why I am asking this is because i am getting confused.

Rammy

Honorable
As was mentioned, sticking with the Prodigy case means you need an ITX motherboard.
No ITX motherboard has 4 slots for DIMMs, you if you need 16Gb of memory it'll have to be 2*8Gb.

It's hard to know which motherboards are available where you are. It's most likely the Asus Z87I-Deluxe isn't, but it's quite possible the slightly cheaper Asus Z87I-Pro is.
As a general rule, the MSI Z87I and Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI are the cheapest Z87 ITX boards but they will not be compatible with the Hyper 212 (I don't think).
The Asus Z87I-Pro, Asus Maximus Impact and ASRock Z87E-ITX should be absolutely fine, so you should check the availability and see which is most price-appropriate.
The Impact is more or less the best ITX board money can buy, but it can be incredibly expensive.

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I am from Norway and i have checked the asus z87i-pro and the maximus vi impact do exist in Norway and it dose not go over the budget which you don't need to worry about. The reason why i Went with 4x4 ram was because i thought it would fit the m itx boards but i read it wrong and someone also toll me that it was better to have more ram sticks since it stays Cooler.
So is it possible that you can make me an updatet list with one of the mobos mentioned earlier and dont use a seasonic power supply since they dont exist in Norway?

So i hope you can make me that list since i am so eagarly waiting to make some gameplays for the people and play some cs.

Please reply AS soon AS possible!!

Rammy

Honorable
If you can give us a site you are using or something it'd help or else we are just going to start naming things that aren't available.

There is no performance difference between 2*8Gb and 4*4Gb. Four sticks uses a little more power, but there really isn't much point in arguing it either way, it's pretty inconsequential.

You did say this:
As a general rule, the MSI Z87I and Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI are the cheapest Z87 ITX boards but they will not be compatible with the Hyper 212 (I don't think).

New info for me. Any real prove of this? Od are you just saying you do not like gigabyte mobo?

Rammy

Honorable
The MSI and Gigabyte motherboards use a CPU socket which is close to the PCIe slot. I'm fairly confident that this means the majority of 120mm/140mm fan-based coolers will not fit, so that pushes you towards the ASRock and Asus versions unless you go for a 90-93mm fan type cooler such as a Hyper TX3.
I can't be 100% sure of what fits and what doesn't, but this image and the accompanying text supports my assertions, as this guy had to turn his 90degrees, wrecking the airflow.

How come I have seen D14 put on gigabyte mobo? And no issues with that ?

Heve to say this. Lose the bad cpu cooler and buy new Noctua or Thermalright macho or something like that.
Here is couple coolers.
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A (BW)
Noctua NH-U12S or 14S
They are much better.

Rammy

Honorable

Depends on the motherboard really, as far as I'm aware the H77/Z77/H87/Z87 Gigabyte ITX boards all use the same/similar socket location though. You can fit a D14 to this motherboard, but it will totally cover the PCIe slot, which kinda means it's a bit useless.

I don't really want to go through every single site using google translate (sorry) so I'm going to just try to spot what I can.
Your previous motherboard was the Z87MX-D3H, for roughly 1000Kr. You are looking at either the ASRock Z87E-ITX for 1250Kr or the Asus Z87I-Pro for 1350Kr. Hopefully you can adjust that into your budget easily.
The memory you can fix yourself I'm sure. 2*8Gb, 1600Mhz or better, 1.5V.
There is nothing terribly wrong with the Corsair CS PSUs. I'd normally go with the XFX ones, as they are similarly priced, but both the XFX650Pro and XFX650XXX are 170mm long, which means they won't fit in the case without tinkering. I'd go for the 650W Corsair just to give yourself some more headroom.

You have exactly the same fitting issues, as I mentioned earlier.

Rammy

Honorable

That also uses a 90degree rotated heatsink. EXACTLY the same problem as the others.

@ itzrichard -
Go for the ASRock Z87E-ITX or Asus Z87-Pro as they will enable you to use a proper air cooler, unlike the Gigabyte and MSI versions. They aren't really any more expensive either. Take your pick of brand, or price.
For GTX780, shop around. There isn't really a "bad" one.
I'd personally probably go for the EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI or Asus, but most of those brands also sell versions with the cooler from the GTX Titan which is actually very good in a smaller case. Go with whichever is cheapest really.

That also uses a 90degree rotated heatsink. EXACTLY the same problem as the others.
And is that because of case or mobo? Because of case. DVD mount limits space. Remove it and you re fine with any cooler.

Or go with mATX build with Fractal ARC Mini or corsair 350D .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txMj_WYLzPA

Here good build with prodigy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XnU8MPjp1Y

For video card. Best go with gigabyte or msi.
Zotac AMP is maybe best choice. Good warranty 2+3 years + it is maybe fastest 780 card
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/59857-zotac-geforce-gtx-780-amp-edition-updated/

Rammy

Honorable

Nope, it's because of the motherboard.
Bitfenix Prodigy with Noctua NH-D14 and ODD bay in place
Prolimatech Megahelems (the cooler in the German build you linked) the correct way around, with a fan attached and a DVD drive in place
Hyper 212 (his original cooler choice) in Bitfenix Prodigy with plenty of space for DVD drive
What do they all have in common? Asus motherboards, as it has the best CPU socket location.

Post one picture of this issue? I do not see any poin to buy 200 mobo if you can buy lot cheaper one to do the job.

If there is issue yo ucan buy Corsair H80 or H100 cooler and it is not issue anymore.
Just sell old cooler away. Because it is not a good cooler anyway :D

Sure Gigabyte is cheap. But it is good. It do have two lan ports and wifi + bluetooth.
Asus do not have two lan ports and it is lot more expensive. And if OP maker is OC to 4.2GHz he do not need OC mobo. He can go with Xeon 1230V3. cheaper and better choice. If yo uOC then better look OC to 4.5-4.8GHz.
4.2 is not giving much benefit.

If you look cooler.
This is CM 212 EVO.
19.jpg

Here is better Thermalright macho.
66813711.jpg

1007007171gr.jpg

I think bigger is better. CM 212 EVO looks so tiny and it is louder.
Macho was originally made for passive cooling. So no need for fan. If you do not OC much.
But if you want to OC more. Then you need fan. haha