I have made this m-atx build, is it any good??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rammy

Honorable
I'm so bored of this nonsense.

I just posted THREE!

1149 Kr. - Gigabye Z87N-Wifi
1250Kr - ASRock Z87E-ITX
1350Kr - Asus Z87I-Pro
Approximately $30(USD) between the cheapest and the most expensive. All three are around $200USD (approx 185, 200, 215).

Yup, it's great value in the right sitation, nobody is arguing with that fact. What I am arguing with is that if you want to fit an air cooler, it's a poor choice due to CPU socket location. Simple as that.

It's not a "lot" more expensive, given the potential it brings, and the ASRock is a good option too.

That's just jibberish.

So...you won't spend an extra $30 on a motherboard, but are happy to encourage spending an extra $80-100 on a CPU cooler?

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I remade a list which includes

http://www.komplett.no/k/cart.aspx

Cpu:Intel core I7 4770k

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-D14

I choose this because thermalright doesn't exist in Norway.

Motherboard: Asus maximus vi impact

Ram: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 mhz 16gb black series

Graphics card: Zotac Gefroce Gtx 780 3gb AMP!

SSD: Kingston hyperX 3K 240gb

SSD: Kingston hyperX 3K 240gb

Hard drive: Seagate barracuda 2tb

Power supply: Corsair CX600, 600W

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-itx black

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit

Monitor: Asus P278Q 27-LED

Total price: 3370$ 20.758,00kr

Any good??? Reply as soon as possible.

Rammy

Honorable
Your link won't work for us as it's just your cart.

Overall, it's pretty decent, but it's pretty expensive.
If you want to save money -
Maximus Impact -> Asus Z87I-Pro
Noctua NH-D14 -> Hyper 212 Evo, Phanteks PC-T12, Noctua NH-U12

Two 240GB SSDs seems excessive, but if you have a use for them then sure I guess.
I'd also go for the Samsung EVO drives instead (similar prices)

Also, the PSU is a bit confusing. Earlier you mentioned the Corsair CS range, which come in 550 and 650W varieties. I'm assuming the one you picked is the CX600, which isn't as good.

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I have updatet the list with the corsair cs650m 650w and reduced the nummer of ssd's to 1.
Is this a good stup for gaming(Like lol on High settings and cs) and video editing of gameplay? Can this setup run multiple programs at the same time??
One more thing, will everything fit i. This little case??

Rammy

Honorable
No. It's a smaller version, with a single heatsink section and two 120mm fans on the NH-U12P (rather than one 140mm and one 120mm on the D14) and one 120mm fan on the NH-U12S (a bit like the Hyper 212).
They are still pretty good though, and it should be quite a bit easier to install, as well as being cheaper.
It's up to you really.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor 2,679-
CPU Cooler: NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler 765-
Motherboard: Asus Z87I-Pro Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard 1,349-
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory VLP K 1,068-
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk 1,068-
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 699-
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card 3,795-
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case 745-
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular Power Supply 849-
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) 849-
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor 4,295-
Total: 18,161-

All prices from komplett.no

I'd also get a 200mm fan as intake

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
from your list of 3 places, your choice is Antec Big Boy or CoolerMaster MegaFlow. The Antec si plain black but has mounting issues, the 2 CM's are red or blue LED, neither would look right in your case. Given those options, I'd do 2x120mm Noctua NF-S12A as intake and keep your exhaust fan, or even replace it with another Noctua. You decide with noise levels. The Noctua's are 195- each, but well worth the small extra cost over some of the other fans. Also from komplett.no

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There are quite a few builders who have use the Antec big Boy in the Prodigy, 225- from expresspc.no .There is a video on you-tube of a build using an antec, his build looks great, hope when you get done yours looks good too. He bought extension cables to get rid of all those colored cables and made them black. Nice and neat,

Good luck with your build, any further questions.. Toms is always here

Rammy

Honorable
If you are struggling to find a 200/230mm fan you like (the selection in pretty much every country is very limited) then there isn't much harm in going for a quality 140mm. It is much better positioned than the standard single 120mm intake (centred) and will still move a decent amount of air and enable you to keep the ODD bay.
The Noctua NF-A15/NF-A14 would be good, but you'll have a lot of choices compared to 200mm+.

Rammy

Honorable
PWM = Pulse width modulation, a method of fan control. This means it'll come with a 4pin fan connector.
FLX = Standard 3pin fan connector.
ULN = Low speed/noise, standard 3pin fan connector.
The Asus Z87I-Pro has motherboard headers for 4 fans (including CPU cooler), all of the 4pin, so you can use any of them.

If you are happy to remove the optical drive, then go for two 120mm fans, but be aware that you might run out of motherboard headers depending on your setup. The PWM would probably be preferable, but there is no issue with using the FLX ones either.

I'd go with a single AF-15 PWM or AF-14 PWM though, as they mean you can keep the optical drive bay installed (should you want to use it) and are cheaper.

itzrichard

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I was looking at futurelooks on youtube and said that if you remove the optical drive you could install the Bitfenix spectre pro 230mm.
Is that an option?

Rammy

Honorable
You can install a 230/200/140/120 with the optical drive in place.
If you remove it, you can install two 120mm.

The issue with 230/200mm fans is that there isn't a huge selection. You have Bitfenix Spectre/Spectre Pro, NZXT and the Antec or Coolermaster ones Karadjgne mentioned.
I personally use a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm (optical drive bay still in place).

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
OP gave earlier in this post a list of 3 stores he used to get parts through. I searched (yes I had to do the translations lol) and found just those 3 fans. For some reason, Scandinavian countries are slightly lacking in choices, which is rough. However, "SmartPants 8" High" (the translation of Norwegian->English for Noctua haha) are fortunately cheaper... no export costs, import fees.

On a side note, OP, if you do go with the Antec BigBoy, there are several videos on YouTube, and also several "How to" specifically for the Bitfenix Prodigy. Watch them.