I have problems turning my computer on

darthgoupil

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi everyone, I recently reformatted my computer without any issue, everything seemed fine, for about two days. I then had to reboot for updates reasons. After that, my monitor did not communicate with the computer. I then did what I had to do: restart manually. It did not end well, the case leds and fans lit up, but for half a second and then shut down. I then decide to follow some tutorials online to troubleshoot the broblem but without any result.

Fast forward a couple of hours, I was busy doing something else, and I then decide to try and replug my computer. Miracle! It works! I then install a second antivirus and run the scan, everything seems fine and I use my pc for about a day or two without any problem.

Now yesterday I proceed to restart my pc since it was a bit slow and it makes the same thing as before: no connection with the monitor.... I decide to wait and see. A night passes and my computer still does the same thing as before: leds and fans start for half a second and then shut off and I can't get anything to work afterwards.

What is very weird is that it is when I provide power to my PSU that the lights turn on, not when I turn the pc on...

Thank you all for any time you might give.

Thugginator

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
So if you provide power to the psu, and your PC leds light up or fans spin briefly, all of this happening without you physically hitting the power button, is a sign of a dying or dead motherboard. Has it shown any signs of life since?

darthgoupil

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015

darthgoupil

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi and thank you. Not since no. Just the leds and fans spinning briefly, But my computer is merely one year old. And it has a fairly good motherboard. here it is: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AMD Motherboard

Thank you.