Question I have random spurts of packet loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Losttt

BANNED
Sep 16, 2024
I am experience random spurts of packet loss, comcast has said it isn't them but I have seen multiple different sources of the same issue, but I am not fully sure how to check if it's my pc or just comcast? I have pinged my own IP and the google server, I am pretty slow when it comes to tech stuff, I've fixed my transmit buffer and receive buffer. When I do ping 8.8.8.8 I get packet loss but not on my own IP but does that eliminate my pc from being the issue? I was told it could be my motherboard (B550 UD AC) but I'm not sure how to diagnose if it's my internet or my pc. Any help would be nice.

Losttt

BANNED
Sep 16, 2024
How did you determine that you are actually experiencing "loss" of data packets? If you are relying on "ping" then you are using the wrong tool for the wrong job.
So, im experiencing packet loss in games or just discord, it's impossible to recreate but i will start lagging in anything and my upload speed when it happens goes from like 40 to like 0.3? From multiple people ive talked too they said it looks like packet loss, but im not fully sure, i am just follow the forums and posts ive read similar to my issue.

Ralston18

Titan
@Losttt

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Regarding "I've fixed my transmit buffer and receive buffer" exactly what did you do and where was that done?

Before and after values?

Look, as a start, for any error codes, warnings, or even information events being captured in Reliability Monitor/History that may be being captured just before or at the times of the suspected packet loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.