I have seagate 500g hard drive which i have been using on my macbook successfull

zettie

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
i have a seagate 500 gigs hard drive that only reads on my macbook and not on any other devices. please help??

E-50

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2013

if your drive is formatted for Mac, they it would be HFS+. it does not get detected by windows.

zettie

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
ok, is it possible for me to change something to make them read it?? everything on the hard drive once put on a flash can be read on any device. if there is a way then please can u explain to me in the simplest terms because i'm still learning these things?

abieka

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
You should check whether the file system of your hard drive is compatible with the other devices.

Hi, I'm looking for help with the same problem - my seagate 320gb worked fine on my mac, but the mac broke and none of my other devices recognise data on the seagate.

I can add: I knew Windows would fail, so I also tried Puppy Linux and Ubuntu without success (which surprised the daylights out of me.) Both types of linux recognised the seagate as an available drive, but empty and much smaller than 320gb.

Is there anything else I can try? Thanks kindly.

Try another MAC.