[SOLVED] I installed windows 10 on a computer that already had it thinking itbwould delete everything but didnt. How do i fix

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Basically i heard the way you fix games like csgo and dota crashing on pc after swaping motherbiards was to reinstall windows. I though thatvyou had to boot the flashdrive from the bios a second time but that basicaly made my computer unusable. Theres no storage on it since none of the data was deleted. How do i delete the second windows 10 part of it

Last edited:

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Turns out it created a second windows 10 partition. When i put the flashdrive in, it had the option to delete the partitons so i did so in theory i should be able to insrall all of my files back on there instead of only having 20 gb of storage on a 1tb hdd

Exactly right. When you do a clean install, as it is outlined in my guide, you SHOULD delete ALL of the existing partitions on the drive and then select the unpartitioned space and click "Next". Windows will do ANY and ALL necessary creation of partitions and formatting, automatically, and you will end up with a completely new, fresh Windows installation. This has been true since forever, not just on Windows 10. Always choose the "Custom" method if you wish to do a clean install and always do a CLEAN install when possible.