[SOLVED] I just bought a laptop, it says that I'm playing with integrated CPU graphics?

orangeme

Honorable
Nov 17, 2016
I just bought a Acer TUF FX505DY and it has AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen (Vega Mobile GFX) and RX 560x graphis chip. It says in the AMD Settings that the RX 560x is playable on "recommended" settings on Rainbow Six but I can only play it at 30-45 FPS on 4:3 aspect ratio and lowest res (on lowest graphics also). But I've noticed that it says on the bottom left "Vram of Mobile Vega Graphics" so I thought that it's using my integrated chip and I went online to find something about it and downloaded a program that says that my GPU is doing right now and it look like it's only using the Integrated chip. Or am i wrong and its supposed to be like this?
aa5.png
3st.png
TlhiIR.jpg

Solution
Switchable Graphics is a technology that utilizes both the graphical processing capabilities of a discrete graphics adapter and the power efficiency of an integrated graphics adapter. Laptops equipped with Switchable Graphics are capable of engaging the higher performance discrete graphics adapter for 3D applications, and the energy-efficient integrated graphics adapter for less demanding tasks.

Please kindly give this a read:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017
If you are playing while on battery, the default will be integrated graphics.
There should be a setting panel that lets you explicitly set the graphics adapter to use.
On a nvidia laptop, you get there by a right click on the desktop and the setting is in manage 3d settings.
I do not know about the amd version.

Switchable Graphics is a technology that utilizes both the graphical processing capabilities of a discrete graphics adapter and the power efficiency of an integrated graphics adapter. Laptops equipped with Switchable Graphics are capable of engaging the higher performance discrete graphics adapter for 3D applications, and the energy-efficient integrated graphics adapter for less demanding tasks.

Please kindly give this a read:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

Solution