Question I just bought a new SSD and installed it now no signal on my monitor.

Sep 27, 2023
I just bought this SSD and I installed it today now I have no signal. I tried unplugging everything and I took out the ram and put it back in. This is the first thing I’ve ever done with the PC changing parts so I’m very lost On what to do or what I did wrong. It’s an ALIENWARE Aurora R12 and the SSD is the Samsung 990 pro with heat sink the power supply is 1k watts. I’m not to keen on computer stuff so I’m so lost honestly I was looking through other posts but am confused.

Sep 27, 2023
Ok I’ll give it a go and when I say install everything I mean the ssd idk if there’s other stuff I’m missing or I am a complete novice here thats why I bought wn Alienware lol.

FAhentai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2016
On my monitor it says no signal when I turned my computer on after installing everything.
On my monitor it says no signal when I turned my computer on after installing everything.
okay, one more question, do you have to move the Graphic card before you can installing the M.2 SSD? If so, make sure you formly plug the Graphic card back! And please don't forget the power cable on the graphic card.

Sep 27, 2023
Yes, I did have to remove it. I made sure to hear the click but like I was saying I really don’t know if I’m doing it correctly is that the only thing I should be looking for just the click?

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
I just bought this SSD and I installed it today now I have no signal. I tried unplugging everything and I took out the ram and put it back in. This is the first thing I’ve ever done with the PC changing parts so I’m very lost On what to do or what I did wrong. It’s an ALIENWARE Aurora R12 and the SSD is the Samsung 990 pro with heat sink the power supply is 1k watts. I’m not to keen on computer stuff so I’m so lost honestly I was looking through other posts but am confused.
Have you tried you original drive?