erdeicsalad10

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
So the "long story short": i bought an used Sapphire RX 580 8GB Special Edition like a month ago, and the guy mentioned that he messed up the second (silent) VBIOS, so that doesn't work at all, my motherboard was hanging on VGA debug LED if i wanted to use it.
I decided to fix it, so i started reading about VBIOS, flashing, etc..
So i just normally booted up with my primary OC BIOS switch, then i pushed the switch to the opposite site, then I tried to flash this one with the AMDVbFlash, which was successful (at least the program said that) and after a reboot, it was still dead, black screen, MB hanging on VGA debug LED.

I've tried it a few more times, even with older Atiflash utility.
Last time i forgot to switch to the Silent profile, and i flashed the same VBIOS as mentioned with the AMDVbFlash to my primary one...
But i have no idea what happened, since i flashed the exact same ROM that was already installed to that profile (i checked with GPU-Z, even the hash was right). Which is right, the utility gave me the message: "This VBIOS already flashed" or something similar.
Now i have 2 dead VBIOS, with the same problem.
What should i do? Try to re-flash with another VGA?
Here is my SKU and infos. I have no idea what memory (Hynix or Samsung) does my card have, and i don't really wanna take off the cooler if it's not necessary.

erdeicsalad10

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
I did a backup of my VBIOS, but I'm not even sure that was an official one tbh.
I don't have igpu(R5 3600), so i have to use another dgpu then. But i have no idea that my PC will boot up with another card if my RX 580's firmware corrupted. I'll test it out later.

I did a backup of my VBIOS, but I'm not even sure that was an official one tbh.
I don't have igpu(R5 3600), so i have to use another dgpu then. But i have no idea that my PC will boot up with another card if my RX 580's firmware corrupted. I'll test it out later.
It will as long as the other card is in your primary pcie slot and the monitor is connected to the good card.

Reactions: erdeicsalad10

erdeicsalad10

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
It will as long as the other card is in your primary pcie slot and the monitor is connected to the good card.
So i just put a GTX 970 in and the AMDVbFlash says: "Cannot find discrete ATI Video Card". My RX 580 isn't even showing up in hwinfo, just the 970. Also some reason i don't have any (neither AMD or nVidia) driver installed, should i install the AMD one?

erdeicsalad10

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
So i just put a GTX 970 in and the AMDVbFlash says: "Cannot find discrete ATI Video Card". My RX 580 isn't even showing up in hwinfo, just the 970. Also some reason i don't have any (neither AMD or nVidia) driver installed, should i install the AMD one?
Well seems I can't even install AMD driver since i get this message:
"Error 182 - Radeon Software install detected AMD graphics in your system configuration that is not supported with this software installation."

It might be some BIOS setting? I have a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite, but i cannot find anything related to this, only the initial display output (PCIe 1-3 which is ridiculous since this MB only have 2).

erdeicsalad10

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
You will want to run AMDvbflash from a bootable dos USB drive, not from windows.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTqNP-N38BY

This seems to be what you want.

Well i just changed the Initial display output to PCIe-3, reboot and i was able to install the AMD drivers. After that it worked, i flashed my backup VBIOS for both of my profiles, and both works.
I can't believe i was able to fix it. Thanks a lot. :)