[SOLVED] I need a prebuilt PC

flightn

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
Not sure if this is the right section for this so i'm sorry if it's not

But i am looking for a prebuilt PC between $1500-1800 that has good cooling, will do the job etc

I play fortnite and valorant at a competitive level so i need something that will run those games at high frames

also stream here and there if that helps

i would prefer if it was at best buy or somewhere i can do an in store pickup but i'm okay with it shipping aswell as long as i get it before september 10th. Thanks in advance!

Solution

But i am looking for a prebuilt PC between $1500-1800 that has good cooling, will do the job etc

I play fortnite and valorant at a competitive level so i need something that will run those games at high frames

i would prefer if it was at best buy or somewhere i can do an in store pickup but i'm okay with it shipping aswell as long as i get it before september 10th. Thanks in advance!

ok, so what are you looking for, a PC, PC+Display, PC+Display+Keyboard+Mouse?, Need streaming gear, mic, cam, etc?

If you need a monitor/display, What size are you looking for?, is there any limit in the space ou have? Are you...

ok, so what are you looking for, a PC, PC+Display, PC+Display+Keyboard+Mouse?, Need streaming gear, mic, cam, etc?

If you need a monitor/display, What size are you looking for?, is there any limit in the space ou have? Are you looking for IPS, VA, TN panel?, Im guessing high refresh rate, are ou okwith a 144Hz panel, or it needs to be faster? Any particular brand?

Can you give us a more accurate location? Best buy does not have the best record in pre-builts but we can look at it since they also sell from other brands. I would also aim to make a list, and ask for a build in Microcenter (if you live near them).

Anyways, the more info you share the best to try and point you in a direction.

Solution

flightn

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020

If you need a monitor/display, What size are you looking for?, is there any limit in the space ou have? Are you looking for IPS, VA, TN panel?, Im guessing high refresh rate, are ou okwith a 144Hz panel, or it needs to be faster? Any particular brand?

Can you give us a more accurate location? Best buy does not have the best record in pre-builts but we can look at it since they also sell from other brands. I would also aim to make a list, and ask for a build in Microcenter (if you live near them).

Anyways, the more info you share the best to try and point you in a direction.
I just need a pc, i have everything else. My monitor is 280hz.

I live in MA, micro center is about 45 mins from me and i have 2 best buy's around me

Price range is $1500-1800

I just need a pc, i have everything else. My monitor is 280hz.

I live in MA, micro center is about 45 mins from me and i have 2 best buy's around me

Price range is $1500-1800

Here are just a few ideas for what to look:

Soemthing in the line of: https://www.microcenter.com/site/co...spx?load=2fb684a8-7300-40ae-9ca1-eb2b2c567f0d

or similar to this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($267.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.99 @ Best Buy)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan ($10.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1122.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-24 14:35 EDT-0400

Keep in mind some parts are not available. So you have to keep an eye on stock. You probably don't need the aftermarket cooler, but it will keep your CPU cooler.

Also Microcenter price does not include the building, but you can ask for it.

You can do a bit cheaper with a Core i5 10400/11400 + a decent B460/560 mobo.

Please don't cheap oout on the power supply. The new GPUs are know to stress even the best brands and models.

flightn

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
Here are just a few ideas for what to look:

Soemthing in the line of: https://www.microcenter.com/site/co...spx?load=2fb684a8-7300-40ae-9ca1-eb2b2c567f0d

or similar to this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($267.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.99 @ Best Buy)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $1122.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-24 14:35 EDT-0400

Keep in mind some parts are not available. So you have to keep an eye on stock. You probably don't need the aftermarket cooler, but it will keep your CPU cooler.

Also Microcenter price does not include the building, but you can ask for it.

You can do a bit cheaper with a Core i5 10400/11400 + a decent B460/560 mobo.

Please don't cheap oout on the power supply. The new GPUs are know to stress even the best brands and models.

How do these pc's look? https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali549/p/83-360-169 / https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali536/p/N82E16883360141

I do not know the brand (Gamer Nexus did a video on one of thier models an said it was an OK system). Thats the only reference I have from them.

Main problem for me is the PSU. It just say 750 watts 80 plus gold, and that is not enough info.

With that much info you can get a crappy 750 watt 80 plus gold PSU, a decent one or an excelent one, its a lottery. And for an RTX 3070/3070TI you want the excelent one.

Another option to look at, Microcenter offers a build service. In other words you go there, pick what you want, and they will assemble it. The part on those newegg brands, I agree with the guy above. You are paying 2k, and you don't even know what power supply is actually in those. There are varying qualities of power supplies. So I almost like the microcenter option above. You sacrifice a little on graphics, but the power supply is one of the best ones on the market that should not blow your system sky high and should last years.

Another option to look at, Microcenter offers a build service. In other words you go there, pick what you want, and they will assemble it. The part on those newegg brands, I agree with the guy above. You are paying 2k, and you don't even know what power supply is actually in those. There are varying qualities of power supplies. So I almost like the microcenter option above. You sacrifice a little on graphics, but the power supply is one of the best ones on the market that should not blow your system sky high and should last years.

The main problem with that Microcenter OP has close by, is that you actually need to pay attention on the GPU stock. Other than that as long as OP get a very good PSU, a very ariflow case and a good combo of cpu+mother+ram is kinda hard to go wrong.

So yeah when I build the example I posted above there was no stock of any medium level RTX cards (3060 / 3060 TI or 3070).