[SOLVED] I Need Advice High TBW NVMe and SSD's

Solution
NVMe 1TB Advices :
  • High TBW > 1000
  • PCIE 3 or 4
  • Eco and Medium Budget
Why 1000 on a 600 you could write 82GB to it every single day for 20 years to reach the 600000 limit and that still does not say it will fail then.

EDIT and most come with a 3 or 5 year warranty period that would be long over before you hit the TBW for your average user.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
NVMe 1TB Advices :
  • High TBW > 1000
  • PCIE 3 or 4
  • Eco and Medium Budget
Why 1000 on a 600 you could write 82GB to it every single day for 20 years to reach the 600000 limit and that still does not say it will fail then.

EDIT and most come with a 3 or 5 year warranty period that would be long over before you hit the TBW for your average user.

Reactions: Ortakey
Solution
So storage with the word 'mining' attached to it, with very high volumes of writes (i.e., volumes of writes that ruin many typical consumer-grade SSDs within 40-60 days?), but, not that any of these writes are actual data used by anyone...are for some reason worth something?

LOL!

Reactions: Ortakey
So storage with the word 'mining' attached to it, with very high volumes of writes (i.e., volumes of writes that ruin many typical consumer-grade SSDs within 40-60 days?), but, not that any of these writes are actual data used by anyone...are for some reason worth something?

Chia is proof of space and time, or proof of space-time. If you're more keen on Bitcoin (which is proof of work) then the idea is you "prove" you've done work (or provided space, and that space over time) where the proportion of the resources spent ("plotting" from seeds) relates to success (getting coin) through mining/farming (as a "challenge" from the blockchain) given some probability. This effort is verified as transactions are added to a blockchain or digital ledger. So this tracking and its security is derived from leveraging the performance and capacity of the storage device, and this effort when verified may be rewarded with currency.