Question I need help choosing a PSU

Aug 27, 2022
I'm gonna get a GPU upgrade soon so I want replace my old fsp hyn psu with something better.
I'm a bit torn between these models, they have the same price here.
Corsair cx550, evga 550 b5, asus tuf gaming 550 (all are 80 plus bronze)
I'm limited to only few choices at my local retailer within my country. I did some research and found these to be some of the best I can buy within my budget. Every 80 plus gold psu being sold over here are out of my budget. (most of them are priced $100+)
There're also some cooler master MWE v2 series and MSI one, but most of them seem to be below average based on my research.
p/s: I can also save a bit more and get a msi mpg a650gf (+$20-30 compare to the psu models above) if you guy think that's a good idea.
I'm going to upgrade from a 1660 to a 2060 or 3060. Also a cpu upgrade if i can save up some extra (currently have a r5 1500x). I have 1 m.2 ssd, 3 sata ssd and an hdd, 16 gb of ram.

Last edited:
It will depend on what GPU you intend to buy and the rest of the spec of your PC.
Also, what country/state do you live in ?
Who is your local retailer ?
What games do you play and what performance from your GPU do you want ?

Run UserBenchMark and post a link to the results. It's helpful to the community to see how your system is performing against same spec rigs worldwide.

Aug 27, 2022
It will depend on what GPU you intend to buy and the rest of the spec of your PC.
Also, what country/state do you live in ?
Who is your local retailer ?
What games do you play and what performance from your GPU do you want ?

Run UserBenchMark and post a link to the results. It's helpful to the community to see how your system is performing against same spec rigs worldwide.
Oh right. I probably should've name the thread better. I'm actually not looking for a recommendation, I already filtered my choices and just need know which psu is better and if it is worth it to pay some extra for that specific 80+ gold psu. The popular online marketplaces (newegg, amazon, ...) aren't available here so my choices are just limited to the psu models above. (The other that I found at my local retailer are all crap or way out of my budget)

Aug 27, 2022
You still haven't said what gpu you have now and what you are going to upgrade to. Also other system specs weigh in as well. So ... ??
I'm going to upgrade from a 1660 to a 2060 or 3060. Also a cpu upgrade if i can save up some extra (currently have a r5 1500x). I have 1 m.2 ssd, 3 sata ssd and an hdd, 16 gb of ram.