Question i need help first time installing a pc fan

Jul 10, 2024
Pc case fan model is gamdias aeolus m3 i need help with the cables there is one cable 4 pins which i should put in sys fan so thats okay but i have another cable which has 2 cables one has 3pins and another one accepts these 3 pins do they need to be connected together i dont understand where they should go and there is led switch cable i dont care about rgb. So do i have to connect any cable from fan to power supply? i appreciate any help

Lutfij

Titan
i have another cable which has 2 cables one has 3pins and another one accepts these 3 pins do they need to be connected together
That's the ARGB connector for the fan's halo/ring. No, they don't hook up together, they're meant to allow you to daisy chain multiple fans.

If you have a free ARGB header on your motherboard, then the female end will go to the male end of the motherboard. If you don't connect the cable tot he board, then you won't get any illumination, that won't affect the cooling performance of the fans whether or not you want the illumination.

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Jul 10, 2024
i have another cable which has 2 cables one has 3pins and another one accepts these 3 pins do they need to be connected together
That's the ARGB connector for the fan's halo/ring. No, they don't hook up together, they're meant to allow you to daisy chain multiple fans.

If you have a free ARGB header on your motherboard, then the female end will go to the male end of the motherboard. If you don't connect the cable tot he board, then you won't get any illumination, that won't affect the cooling performance of the fans whether or not you want the illumination.

What is the make and model of your motherboard?
So i only have to connect the cable which has 4 pins to the sys fan motherboard and it will work fine? please answer

Jul 10, 2024
Motherboard is msi mag b550 tomahawk and pc case fan is gamdias aeolus m3 so there is one cable with 4 pins which i believe go into sys fan header. There is few cables with rgb i believe will it work fine if i just plug in a 4 pin in motherboard?