I need help fitting a graphics card. Two components in the way that & I do no know their purpose.

wywee

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
trying to fit a gtx 750 ti onto a ipibl-lb for good laughs. There are two small slots next to the pcie slot. The things connected need to stay there for the computer to work. Is there a way around this? Can I just have one plugged and and the other not on the motherboard? NOTE: MY COMPUTER PRODUCT NUMBER IS P6107C

Solution
They are your Wireless Card (bottom one) and your Modem Card (top one). if you connect via ethernet then you should be fine to remove these two cards. Wireless card is self explanatory, you can screw the antenna into the back and connect wirelessly and the modem card is pretty much obsolete these days as its for dial up connections.

Also in terms of power you might want to think about upgrading the PSU to something over 300w just to be safely within the power requirements of the new hardware.

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012
They are your Wireless Card (bottom one) and your Modem Card (top one). if you connect via ethernet then you should be fine to remove these two cards. Wireless card is self explanatory, you can screw the antenna into the back and connect wirelessly and the modem card is pretty much obsolete these days as its for dial up connections.

Also in terms of power you might want to think about upgrading the PSU to something over 300w just to be safely within the power requirements of the new hardware.

Solution