[SOLVED] I need help installing mac os x snow leopard on my macbook pro 5,5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I am noticing a speed decrease in my macbook pro5,5, I maxed out my ram upgrades with 8 gb of ram and I felt that I need more speed, so I purchased a kingston ssdnow v300 240 gb and an install disc for snow leopard (10.6) from apple. I know how to install it but I don't know how to set it up thoroughly in the software part. I want the new os on my mac and installed on my ssd and get rid of the old hdd. All my data is backed up. What are the steps for me to do in this situation, is anybody can help me, i mean anybody you will make my day,

Thanks for your time,
Noah.D

Solution
You really ought to read your own link. It's a MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid-2009).

OP - not quite sure what your question is. You install the SSD, install the OS by booting from the DVD, then restore your data. The easiest way to transfer the data is with Migration Assistant ( http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4413 ) using an external hard disk.

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

I don't need to restore the data I already backed it up and i am not worried about that, i am just worried about after the installation of the ssd, don't i have to hold a certain button, then what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.