Question I need help, it is to do with RAM and my PC not posting at certain A-XMP profiles. I really need help

Jul 20, 2019
Hi, I am giving to give up with my PC at this point in time. It is my first build and the specs are listed at the bottom of this post.

My RAM kit is Corsair Vengance LPX 2*8GB and on the tin it is desrcribed as 3000mHZ (15-17-17-36) and DRAM Components are Micro Tech and 8GB D-die.

Using the A-XMP profiles, originally, I was able to use the 2800mHZ profile with no problems. If I went above this it would be able to run, but not consistently. This was the same with 3200mHZ. Leaving the PC off over night or turning off the PSU, the PC would not boot for the first three of four tries and only be successful after this powering on, then off, then on procedure. I resorted to using the 2800mHZ profile because of this.

For the time being, I used the 2800mHZ, until last weekend when I decided to have a look at this issue. I ram a memTest at 2800mHZ and there were no errors. I then did some research on DRAM OC and used the DRAM Calculator 1.7 and Thaiphoon to create a group of settings for 3000mHZ (at SAFE). This profile did not work for my PC at all and I had to reset the CMOS to get back into the bios.

Can anyone help with this issue? It is driving me up the wall!

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2*8GB (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (BIOS Version is latest)
PSU: CoolerMaster MasterWatt 650
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1060 6GB OC

May 15, 2020
first that dram calculator if its just 1.7.. its out dated .. its 1.7.3 and i think you have the wrong settings on the mHZ isnt it half of your 3000 is actually 1500 . at least what i see on mine .. i have the 3600 and it shows for me 1800 profile for my xmp also check out msi dragon center .. you can change ram and a few other setting in there without having to flash bios everytime you make a change that and the live update that goes with it ..