Prominent
May 26, 2017
hey everybody i have a
laptop lenovo l412-

windows 7 32 bit
ram 2 gb
i5 processor

today i bought an additional 4 gb ram

after installing bios are showing that i have 6 gb ram but in laptop system properties its showing 6gb ram but only 2.93 gb usable i need help

Solution
I suggest that you back up your data. Then, go to the Lenovo support site and download drivers for Windows 7 64 bit on to a USB thumb drive. Now, you can do a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit. After the Windows install, install the 64 bit drivers. Last, reinstall your programs and data.
Windows 7 32 bit is limited to a maximum of 4GB. Also, the internal graphics uses some of the RAM for display. So, it makes sense that about 3GB is usable. Depending on the price difference, you may want to return the 4GB and just get a 2GB RAM module.

Arbaaz_2

Prominent
May 26, 2017

but i want 6 gb ram so what to do for it

The RAM limitation is due to the version of Windows you have. It will only support 4GB RAM with Windows 7 32 bit. If you can, try to buy Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and install it. Then, it will support up to 8GB RAM. Since this is an old laptop with an old CPU, I can't find any info if will support Windows 10 64 bit - I don't know if it would work.

Arbaaz_2

Prominent
May 26, 2017

yeah i know about it but can i install 64 bit without loosing data or i need drivers for 64 bit

I suggest that you back up your data. Then, go to the Lenovo support site and download drivers for Windows 7 64 bit on to a USB thumb drive. Now, you can do a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit. After the Windows install, install the 64 bit drivers. Last, reinstall your programs and data.

Solution