Shadowmage96

Reputable
Oct 14, 2020
I recently bought a ROG Zephyrus G14 2023 (Windows 11) laptop and the internet speed is so awful I barely get to download or even update anything. I tried using my hotspot on my phone (T-mobile) to give it internet but the speed is slow. I have tried using a co workers wiresless wifi (T-mobile and used the Main and Guest loggin with different speeds, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) but i get the same results. I work with a traveling carnival so getting a fixed line is not an option unfortunately. Here is what I have tried:

*Restart internet devices and pc
*Reset network in settings
*Restore BIOS
*Uninstall and reinstall drivers
*Updated BIOS and drivers
* Hard reset
*Reset Pc
I have tried to run ddiagnosticswith MyASUS but it does not have that option

I want to update windows to see if it will help but I need internet to do it. If theres a way so I can download the update on my phone and transfer it to my laptop like I did with my drivers please let me know.

Solution
Did the laptop come with any pre-installed "network optimizer" type application? If so, remove it, restart, and see if performance improves.

Those sorts of applications are notorious for these types of performance issues, believe it or not.

Lutfij

Titan
Just for the sake of cross-referencing, what SKU do you own;
?

If you've installed the drivers for your wireless adapter, they should show up in Device Manager, please pass on the make and model of the wireless adapter, as shown on Device Manager, listed under Network adapters.

What version(not edition) of Windows 11 are you currently on?

Shadowmage96

Reputable
Oct 14, 2020
Just for the sake of cross-referencing, what SKU do you own;
?

If you've installed the drivers for your wireless adapter, they should show up in Device Manager, please pass on the make and model of the wireless adapter, as shown on Device Manager, listed under Network adapters.

What version(not edition) of Windows 11 are you currently on?
I have the GA402XV-G14.R94060
Windows version 22h2
Network adapter is MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160Mhz Wireless LAN Card

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of reference, you're on BIOS version 318? When you installed your drivers, were they all in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Try doing this in a sequence, reinstall the chipset drivers after sourcing them from here;
https://www.amd.com/en/support/down...sets/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset.html
then install the wireless adapter drivers from Asus's support site, here;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...339_1.exe?model=ROG Zephyrus G14 (2023) GA402
and see if that helps.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did the laptop come with any pre-installed "network optimizer" type application? If so, remove it, restart, and see if performance improves.

Those sorts of applications are notorious for these types of performance issues, believe it or not.

Solution

Shadowmage96

Reputable
Oct 14, 2020
I installed the chipset and wireless network and then restarted the laptop but the performance was still the same.

I remembered seeing something about an option in MyASUS that needs to be disabled on reddit. I couldn't find the option so I just uninstalled MyASUS. This seem to have solved the problem.

Thank you all for giving your time to help me. I really appreciate it

All tests I have done, I did it with my laptop plugged in. Today I tried to use internet without it being plugged in and the wifi timed out. Plugging it in and made sure its on performance mode also seems to help it.

Last edited: