Question I need help. PC Boots with all the rgb and fans but no display. all parts are confirmed to be working. How to fix this?

Aug 9, 2024
As the title says, all components work. So i am wondering what are the causes. Could this have to do with the motherboard bios no supporting the cpu cuz its outdated?

Here is the component list:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV
GPU: RX 570 4gb
PSU: Fractal Design Ion Gold 550W - Gold, ATX
RAM: 16gb ddr3 ram
case: CiT Level 1 Micro-ATX PC Gaming Case M/ATX

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
The lights and fans spinning does not mean the PC is working. It just checks the +5v and +12v. Do you have onboard video to eliminate the GPU? Maybe the power supply is failing. So, all components are not working.

Aug 9, 2024
The lights and fans spinning does not mean the PC is working. It just checks the +5v and +12v. Do you have onboard video to eliminate the GPU? Maybe the power supply is failing. So, all components are not working.
power supply is brand new. gpu is fully functional because i tested it on my other pc and it works

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
power supply is brand new. gpu is fully functional because i tested it on my other
Something failed. Check all your connections, cables. Maybe Motherboards or CPU. So you are running single channel mode, DDR3? Check the RAM chip .Motherboard dies more often than the CPU's Unfortunately, not having expensive test equipment, we shotgun troubleshoot PC's and use the knowledge from doing this stuff for more than 25 years.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2024
Something failed. Check all your connections, cables. Maybe Motherboards or CPU. So you are running single channel mode, DDR3? Check the RAM chip .Motherboard dies more often than the CPU's Unfortunately, not having expensive test equipment, we shotgun troubleshoot PC's and use the knowledge from doing this stuff for more than 25 years.
ddr3 ram, motherboard and cpu were all recently bought from reputable sellers.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
As the title says, all components work. So i am wondering what are the causes. Could this have to do with the motherboard bios no supporting the cpu cuz its outdated?

Here is the component list:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV
GPU: RX 570 4gb
PSU: Fractal Design Ion Gold 550W - Gold, ATX
RAM: 16gb ddr3 ram
case: CiT Level 1 Micro-ATX PC Gaming Case M/ATX
Something to consider, The parts are at least10 years old. last BIOS update 2014. No upgrade path or OS upgrade from Win10. Which, will be unsupported a year from now. Don't expect a miracle.

Aug 9, 2024
Something to consider, The parts are at least10 years old. last BIOS update 2014. No upgrade path or OS upgrade from Win10. Which, will be unsupported a year from now. Don't expect a miracle.
honestly unsupported windows 10 is very unfortunate. but i still need the computer working since i dont have the money for new parts...