[SOLVED] I need help with custom fonts for each app in pop_os & root privileges to access /usr/share/themes ?

DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
i need help with custom fonts for each app in pop_os & root privileges to access /usr/share/themes

i need root privileges to access /usr/share/themes i want to put all my new themes in this folder but i dont

have root privileges to put files in this folder how do i get them whats the step by step walkthrough i could follow it my pc id like to do

this an is ther a way to do custom fonts for each different app in pop_os

like windowblinds does from stardock in win
is like to use some font types on some apps in pop_os an not others
an not have system wide changes

is ther a way to do this

Solution
You can try "sudo -i" to see whether you can get (temporary) root shell, and from there "passwd root" to re-set root password.

If you can't do that - my recommendation is to start fresh, and keep notes on passwords. And at least initially, don't encrypt the root / home volumes, this will make eventual recovery much easier.

DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
i installed the pop_os lts version an installed with an used a password to encypt but im very noob as this is the first pc iv built thats not running on windows
iv tried to learn as i go but thers still much i need to know

You can try "sudo -i" to see whether you can get (temporary) root shell, and from there "passwd root" to re-set root password.

If you can't do that - my recommendation is to start fresh, and keep notes on passwords. And at least initially, don't encrypt the root / home volumes, this will make eventual recovery much easier.

Solution