[SOLVED] I NEED help with FPS drops

Freshiswhatwedo

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
I am having HUGE FPS drops in any game. It goes from 200fps to 10fps then back up. Can anyone help?
My system specs are

Motherboard: rog strik b450f gaming 2
Cpu: ryzen 3600x
Ram: 16gb kit Corsair's Vengeance ddr4 3200mhz
Gpu: xfx rx580 8gb
Psu:evga 700 watt bronze

no overclock on anything b I am running xmp on the ram

Im frustrated because I’ve seen videos with the same specs that I have and there getting really good performance.

Solution
I am having HUGE FPS drops in any game. It goes from 200fps to 10fps then back up. Can anyone help?
My system specs are

Im frustrated because I’ve seen videos with the same specs that I have and there getting really good performance.
You could try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this...
My system specs are

You could try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver (recommended or optional is up to you).

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them all.
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable/head, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Also did you check that your cpu running 6 core 12 threads? this might be funny but it happened to my friend's pc, using 3600 on b550m gaming, somehow it ran 4 core 8 thread and it caused the issues, went to bios and activate the ccd to 1 ccd, and it back normal again.