I need help with Java Games (specifically Minecraft)

Maxwell124335

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hello, i have a problem with FPS in java games, especially in Minecraft. Before, i had Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit, and Feed the Beast and Tekkit had like 40-60 FPS.. generally. I play a lot of Minecraft so i decided upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate because i realised i had 4 GB of RAM.

I installed all the drivers necessary that were up to date, and i have started playing them. At first, in normal minecraft i was getting aprox. 100 fps with all settings set to max. In modded Minecraft i was getting solid 60 fps. I have installed some other games, tried them out then decided to try TF2 aswell. When i have played it for the first time, i had bad fps (<30 fps), i have quit the game and then tried to find a fix. Later i have found out all my games have bad FPS and i cannot find what to do.
I have reinstalled the windows, and Source games run really good now, but FTB and Tekkit have 2 fps... which is weird, since i could run a server and play with a friend on 60 fps. What happend?

Attempt to fix:
1. Reinstalled Graphics Card Drivers
2. Tried Razer Game Booster
3. Reinstalled Java

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3-2350M @ 2.30 GHz
RAM: 4GB of RAM (3.97 usable)
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 520MX

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Solution
Hi,

Your gaming on a laptop, it has a weak GPU (GT 520MX)

Maybe since you updated the games, now they are unplayable because it requires a better computer or the graphic settings has change to high / ultra.

Didi you try playing plugged in and on battery, usually on battery you get bad results.
Did you check your power saving mode, if option are on, you might want to turn them off.

Also download coretemp or hwmonitor and msi afterburner to monitor your temps and your performance.

Good luck
Did you reinstall the 64 bit version of java or the 32 bit?

On the other hand minecraft and most other java games are heavily cpu based.
A dual core i3 may not be best for minecraft.

If you had good frames before than if anything going to 64 bit would get you a few more fps.

Hi,

Your gaming on a laptop, it has a weak GPU (GT 520MX)

Maybe since you updated the games, now they are unplayable because it requires a better computer or the graphic settings has change to high / ultra.

Didi you try playing plugged in and on battery, usually on battery you get bad results.
Did you check your power saving mode, if option are on, you might want to turn them off.

Also download coretemp or hwmonitor and msi afterburner to monitor your temps and your performance.

Good luck

Solution