3. an 1 generic for all other temp files
  4. how would i do this
  5. an set them to my secondary nvme drive not my main
  6. iv got two 500gb drives first is for os an programes an games
  7. the 2nd is for all downloads an temp directories

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about your question:

Just make/create the three (?) directories as you would make/create any other directories.

Designate the directories by using "temp" somewhere in the name:

E.g.: "Temp-Renders", "Temp-Steam-Install", "Temp-Generic".

Create the necessary paths so files can be/will be saved as required to those temporary directories.

Do not put anything that must be saved in a temporary directory. Pay attention to the directory hierarchy.

Then allow the contents of the those temporary directories to be regularly deleted on what ever schedule you wish by whatever means you wish. Manual, DOS, Powershell, Scripts, 3rd party apps, and so forth.

Anything saved to a temporary directory is just that - temporary. No real need for backups or other data protections against loss.

DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure about your question:

Just make/create the three (?) directories as you would make/create any other directories.

Designate the directories by using "temp" somewhere in the name:

E.g.: "Temp-Renders", "Temp-Steam-Install", "Temp-Generic".

Create the necessary paths so files can be/will be saved as required to those temporary directories.

Do not put anything that must be saved in a temporary directory. Pay attention to the directory hierarchy.

Then allow the contents of the those temporary directories to be regularly deleted on what ever schedule you wish by whatever means you wish. Manual, DOS, Powershell, Scripts, 3rd party apps, and so forth.

Anything saved to a temporary directory is just that - temporary. No real need for backups or other data protections against loss.
thanks that helps