[SOLVED] I need help with my dell inspiron 3668

Mar 30, 2020
Hi! So right now I have a dell inspiron 3668 and I slapped a msi 1050ti in it but im looking for a case upgrade for better airflow and because the dell case is a really weird platform, but I'm also worried about if I can upgrade any other components such as the RAM without having any problems, and the same thing with the motherboard. Is there a case that I can upgrade to and are there ways I can swap the motherboard and RAM? I already looked on forums and i'm still really lost. Also, if possible, if you can respond through discord my account is [removed] . Im more likely to check my discord. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So basically you just want to keep the CPU and some existing RAM? Yes you can take out the CPU and put it in another motherboard and add more RAM to it. If you are swapping motherboards and cases you will need another power supply since the motherboard uses custom power connectors. When you swap the motherboard you will need to do a clean setup of Windows.
So basically you just want to keep the CPU and some existing RAM? Yes you can take out the CPU and put it in another motherboard and add more RAM to it. If you are swapping motherboards and cases you will need another power supply since the motherboard uses custom power connectors. When you swap the motherboard you will need to do a clean setup of Windows.

Solution