[SOLVED] I need help with my M.2 SSD

Chompski

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
So i have the weirdest problem that i can't seem to have anyone that i know able to answer it.
Recently bought M.2 SSD (6 months ago), and today i was deleting data on it. Suddenly my Windows like messing up, explorer froze.
I tried to restart it but it was forever in loop saying its restarting, so i force shut down and when i tried turn it on it got stuck at the motherboard loading screen.

I tried to reset the mobo by taking of the battery, but alas no change. So i tried to take off the M.2 SSD and somewhat it can turn on again.
After it turned on, i tried to put it the M.2 SSD back again but it wont turn on.
In BIOS it does read 3 storage devices (1 hard disk, 1 sata, and 1 m.2)..

My question is, do you think my M.2 SSD is broken? How do i test this? Do i buy an enclosure to check it?
Is my motherboard broken?

Solution
I
So i have the weirdest problem that i can't seem to have anyone that i know able to answer it.
Recently bought M.2 SSD (6 months ago), and today i was deleting data on it. Suddenly my Windows like messing up, explorer froze.
I tried to restart it but it was forever in loop saying its restarting, so i force shut down and when i tried turn it on it got stuck at the motherboard loading screen.

I tried to reset the mobo by taking of the battery, but alas no change. So i tried to take off the M.2 SSD and somewhat it can turn on again.
After it turned on, i tried to put it the M.2 SSD back again but it wont turn on.

My question is, do...
I

My question is, do you think my M.2 SSD is broken? How do i test this? Do i buy an enclosure to check it?
Is my motherboard broken?
I think no.. your Drive is just corrupted I can say...
You can Install windows on it I think.. and before installing, delete your all partitions, and then install windows on new one . Probably it will work just fine again.. same happened with me almost 2 year ago. When my 860 Evo chashed.. I just formatted and now that drive is still serving me

Solution
What is the make/model of your m.2 ssd?
Likely, it is still under warranty and you should request a RMA.
Even good devices fail on occasion.

A ssd maker will have a diagnostic app for their devices.
They should also have the ability to update the firmware or reset the device to factory specs. They may also have a driver that works with their device.

Chompski

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
I

I think no.. your Drive is just corrupted I can say...
You can Install windows on it I think.. and before installing, delete your all partitions, and then install windows on new one . Probably it will work just fine again.. same happened with me almost 2 year ago. When my 860 Evo chashed.. I just formatted and now that drive is still serving me
Is there a way to format it without having to install windows on it? Also i doubt i can format it, i cant go past bios with it

Chompski

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
I forgot to state that this M.2 isnt the place where i put my OS is,
My OS is on my Sata SSD, which makes this is really weird how the m.2 could prevent my windows to boot (boot order in bios already sata>m.2)

What is the make/model of your motherboard?
On some motherboards, a m.2 pcie drive will make a pair of sata ports to be disabled.Your motherboard manual should tell you which.
What is the make/model of your m.2 drive?
There might be a stand alone utility from the maker that can repair it or update the firmware.