[SOLVED] I need help with Rx 5600xt (Performance issues)

Jul 14, 2021
I have Rx 5600xt and the ideal temp was 41-45 now it doesn't go below 50 and the max temp under stress test was 73 now it goes to 78... recently i also noticed that when i'm playing red dead 2 the fps is 41 -39 and I was playing it on ultra at 60 fps i don't know what happened or what to do

Edit:
Motherboard: MSI B450m Pro-vdh max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500
PSU: Cooler master 600w +60 bronze
System Memory: 8 Gb 3200 MHz
Gpu: Rx 5600xt gigabyte
Driver version: 21.6.2
Case: Bitfinx Nova Mesh TG
Resolution: 1440 x 900

Last edited:
Solution
Check your PC for malware.
Use DDU to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers.

What is the exact model of your PSU?
I have Rx 5600xt and the ideal temp was 41-45 now it doesn't go below 50 and the max temp under stress test was 73 now it goes to 78... recently i also noticed that when i'm playing red dead 2 the fps is 41 -39 and I was playing it on ultra at 60 fps i don't know what happened or what to do

Edit:
Motherboard: MSI B450m Pro-vdh max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500
PSU: Cooler master 600w +60 bronze
System Memory: 8 Gb 3200 MHz
Gpu: Rx 5600xt gigabyte
Driver version: 21.6.2
Case: Bitfinx Nova Mesh TG

What resolution are you playing at?
Most videos I found with very similar setup to yours (mostly better) perform 45-53fps at ultra settings with 1080p. So, you either play at smaller resolution, don't use ultra settings OR you remember wrong.

The fact that you have only 8gb of RAM hammers your performance and if it's also single stick, even more.

Rising temperatures if the ambient temperature is higher as well, is to be expected.

Run a userbenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.

Reactions: spentshells
Jul 14, 2021
So I was right, you play at 1440x900.
Single channel memory is VERY bad for Ryzen CPUs. You should consider buying a dual kit. You will certainly gain a lot of performance.
Okay I will do this but what i'm saying here that my pc was doing great and i didn't have any problem until the last month and i started to get this problems

Check your PC for malware.
Use DDU to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers.

What is the exact model of your PSU?

Solution
Download and use CCleaner to clean your system of all junk and trackers that will slow down your system. Download and use wise registry cleaner also, free version on normal setting. Go into device manager and update hardware drivers as needed if any. Take the others advice and uninstall then reinstall gpu drivers. Consider using MSI afterburner to overclock your video card. (You can't hurt it with this and you will see fps improvement.) Make a more agressive cooling fan curve on your gpu fans it will give you more performance. Get new low latency (low Cl Memory like cl-16) 3200mhz ram. Ryzen cpu's love fast ram. Turn off all background apps not in use when launching games. If you monitor has freesync enable it. Go to windows settings and under gaming enable game mode. Remember your games are always getting updated to ask for more performance while your gpu gets older by the day.