[SOLVED] I need help z390 a pro and 8700 doesnt boot up

moahed200

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
I bought a new z 390 a pro and I7 8700 and it is like the dead no response when I try to turn it on nothing no sound and no booting.
M:Z390 a pro
Cpu: I7 8700
PSU: antec 500
Cooler: killer 120 antec
Gpu:1060
Ram: 8G crosair

Solution
Make sure you have ATX12V CPU power hooked up to mainboard?

DO the fans at least twitch when you hit pwr switch? (Verify PWR SW wires from case are connected to correct two pins on mainboard...no polarity to worry about)

Make sure you have cooler pump connected to correct CPU FAN header, and, not to a USB header, etc...

Remove GPU entirely, and try running from integrated video.....(spares you a momentary surge of an extra 130-150 watt peak load on power up, if nothing else)

Disconnect all RGB junk, uneeded USB headers, even SATA data cables, and SATA pwr connectors...

DO the fans at least twitch when you hit pwr switch? (Verify PWR SW wires from case are connected to correct two pins on mainboard...no polarity to worry about)

Make sure you have cooler pump connected to correct CPU FAN header, and, not to a USB header, etc...

Remove GPU entirely, and try running from integrated video.....(spares you a momentary surge of an extra 130-150 watt peak load on power up, if nothing else)

Disconnect all RGB junk, uneeded USB headers, even SATA data cables, and SATA pwr connectors...

Reactions: moahed200
Solution

moahed200

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

That worked i dont know how to thank you , i forgot the ATX12v CPU power.

Last edited: