i need help

nate123

Reputable
May 4, 2014
i bought a new laptop a week ago, it has a gt750m graphics card, but i have had to bring it in 3 times because it keeps restarting for no reason and/or shutting itself off(its not the heat ive been monitoring it) ive done a ram test, the ram is fine, i got given a new battery and its still happing, ive updated all my drivers and still its happining, i went on an online techhelp site, and they were tellin me all this stuff, remote controlled my pc, and then tried to charge me to fix the issues(new computers need updates, patches amongst other things) im wondering if there is another way?

Solution
Definitely return it as not fit for purpose, and in future avoid anyone who controls your PC remotely other than Microsoft or someone you know. There are too many scam artists out there that will deliberately upload problems to your rig, then charge you the earth to fix them...

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
If it's a brand new laptop, I would try to return it as defective and get a replacement. If you purchase a computer, and it has issues out of the box, (regardless on if it's hardware or software) you should return it. Companies should include a base set of drivers and software that at least makes your machine usable without having to pay someone to fix it out of the box.

Definitely return it as not fit for purpose, and in future avoid anyone who controls your PC remotely other than Microsoft or someone you know. There are too many scam artists out there that will deliberately upload problems to your rig, then charge you the earth to fix them...

Solution

nate123

Reputable
May 4, 2014
yup, turns out(and i feel stupid saying this lol) when i updated my nvidia driver to version 335.23 it messed my computer up, i rolled it back and now its working fine...and that online chat techhelp thing tried to charge me £100 to fix all my problems!!!