Question I need replacement screw for underside of my Lenovo IdeaPad 320 ?

Anatoliy Dragan

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
does
13Pcs/Lot Original Bottom Cover Screw Replacement for Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15 320-15 330C 340C Series

come to my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320

how to know?
site Lenovo does not answer (computer was bought in 2018)
I found this : Zahara 10PCS/Set Screw LCD Hinges Top LCD Back Cover Replacement for Lenovo Ideapad Y50 Y50-70. if could buy?

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Difficult to know from sales listing whether it's the same screw or not when not specified to your use. (even more so when we have no link to it.)

There are a few international listings for bottom cover screws specificially branded Lenovo ideapad 320. Those should of course fit, and would be the most direct solution.

The maintenance manual for the Lenovo ideapad 320 specifies M2.5 × 7 mm, Phillips-head, nylok-coated screws for the bottom cover.

- 330 bottom cover: M2.0 × 5.5 mm, Phillips head, nylok-coated screws. won't fit
- Y50 bottom cover: M2.0 × 11 mm, flat-head, nylok-coated and M2.0 × 5.0 mm, flat-head, nylok-coated won't fit
- Y50 LCD hinge screw: M2.5 × 2.5 mm, flat-head, nylok-coated Might fit, but probably too short

In theory you could get away with any M2.5 x 7mm flat end screw, be it from your local hardware store, local-country online store, or whatever.

A little risky but do-able would be M2.5 x long enough to catch the mounting thread through bottom cover mm. It'll work, but in the rare case rips out and takes the thread with it if it's way too short for strength, it'll be a step closer to busted.

What to look out for here is mostly whether the screw head is too large to fit through the plastic channel in the bottom cover. Screw coating I personally wouldn't worry about for fixing up an older laptop.

Hope this helps narrow down your search :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip Corcoran