[SOLVED] I need schematics for GTX 1070 repair !

KalebJohns

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
Good evening,

I have a friend who came to me with an EVGA GTX 1070 ACX3.0. Coca-Cola managed to find it's way onto the PCB and fried the power IC, an INA3221. A google search revealed no resellers for this chip, and I'm unaware of the resistors in the area that would need to be replaced. Is there somewhere to get schematics for this specific card? My research so far shows that most GTX 1070s use the same power delivery up to the MOSFETs.

TL;DR - Where do I buy these components, or should I just buy a donor card?

TIA!

Solution
For an advanced PCB card like that, the IC you mentioned are probably burned as secondary damage, and also probably several components at once that are damaged.

Even if you managed to get hold in a correct IC for that particular board, the probability for multiple components damaged are very high.
For an advanced PCB card like that, the IC you mentioned are probably burned as secondary damage, and also probably several components at once that are damaged.

Even if you managed to get hold in a correct IC for that particular board, the probability for multiple components damaged are very high.

Solution